Winsonar 2004 XP Freeware Edition

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by zorro zorrito, Oct 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. x-man

x-man Registered Member

I have tried the program in the past and it looked promising. But I chose System Safety Monitor over it for a few different reasons, I can't even remember why now. I may even look back into it now that you reminded me. Thanks Zorro Zorrito. :D

2. muf

muf Registered Member

I used it for a while. I really liked it and found it very useful. It basically just tells you when a new process is found to be running, asks you if you want to ok it, then depending on your choice it will either allow it to run or kill it. One function it has that is quite good is a setting to kill all unknown running processes while connected to the web. So if you leave your pc running while you are away from it, if anything tries to run that hasn't been approved, it just kills the process instantly.

I had to stop using it because of a problem. When i opened windows explorer, if i clicked on the C: drive and tried to expand the branch, it would take like 20 to 30 seconds to work. Also if i clicked save as i also got a similar delay. If was annoying more than anything. If it wasn't for that i would still be using it. It could be a quirk that is only evident in Windows ME which is what i use. Anyway, that's my experience with it.

muf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.