WinPE 2 or 3 Help

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by n8chavez, Dec 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

Here's the situation, I recently bought an HP system that did not come with a Vista OEM DVD. I upgraded to Windoiws 7 x64 thinking i would never need to contact HP to get thoise discs because I would never use them. But I found out that winpe 3.0 discs cannot be made using x64 versions, they need x86. So essentially, I think I'm screwed. I don't want to create PE 1.0 discs (XP based) because they are very slow to boot. I don't need anything special, no integrated tools or other software becauyse I have everything I need on my flash drive. Any ideas on how to create a bootable win PE 2/3 iso, which I'll place on my flash?

2. blarson

blarson Registered Member

3. squid13

squid13 Registered Member

Your HP came with a recovery partition in and your suppose to make a set of recovery disc from it but I guess it's to late now. I made mine and I still called HP and asked for a set of disc and they sent them to me at no charge. Give it a shot you got nothing to loose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.