WinPatrol?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jamtoday, Jul 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamtoday

jamtoday Guest

Hi

I’ve recently done a system recovery on my old VAIO PC (512MB RAM). I‘m using NOD32 with Windows XP Firewall.

I’m aware that Windows Firewall is only one way but I’ve tried third-party firewalls and ended up with problems of one sort or another. Would a program like WinPatrol provide any benefit?

Thanks for any advice.

2. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

See the features that WinPatrol offers, it is entirely opt-in.

ESET offers ESET Smart Security or ESS this offers a third-party firewall, if that interests you.

Support for ESS is Here

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  3. focus

focus Registered Member

A router with Windows firewall is good. You do not get as robust outgoing firewall protection as some of the others but you are fairly safe in terms of incoming threats. WinPatrol is not a firewall, I have it on all the time and it will tell me if something tries to add to the startup programs, but I view it more as an informational tool.

4. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Most if not all current routers have firewall rules built-in, the features of WinPatrol have already been posted in this thread.
    We thank you for your comments

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.