"WinPatrol To Go" released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Bob D, Feb 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

Bill P. has been puttering again.

Compatible with Windows 95 - Windows 7.
    .exe DL = 585 Kb.

Link: http://www.winpatroltogo.com/

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  2. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Now theres a real champ!

I still see my own neighbors running Win 95 of all things and some i seen run better then my old Win 98 :eek: (PS) Was asked to install SpongeBob for the kids :cool:

3. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Bob D, thank you! :thumb: This will be a great addition to my USB assortment of tools.

4. Blue Ring

Blue Ring Registered Member

Isn't this old news now? Certainly not just released. It used to be called Winpatrol flash. http://www.winpatrolflash.com/

But I think the discussed problem was the newer WinpatrolToGo creates a folder in application data/winpatrol, where the older version didn't do this.

SandboxIE has a free portable version too. :)

One problem with a lot of these newer so-called portable apps is they require you to be logged on as admin. But why even make a program for a flash drive that can only be run on an admin account? Aren't most places where you would use your flash drive a limited account (school, work, library, internet cafe etc.)? If your just going to run it at home, why not just install the regular program? It would probably run faster too. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.