Winpatrol hosts monitor

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ellison64, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

How does Winpatrols real time hosts monitor work?.I just downloaded and replaced my hosts file (windows 7 64 bit) with MPVS host file using HostsXpert ,and winpatrol didn't bark *puppy*
    Shouldn't it notify in this situation?
    ellison

Attached Files:

2. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

On my XP Pro setup it doesn't bark but a popup will show up on the left upper side of my screen anywhere from immediately afterward to several seconds later asking me if I want to accept the change to my hosts file.

I can then click accept or not...or ask for more info.

Is it possible that you have blocked WP somewhere in your other security apps?

3. ellison64

No i haven't blocked winpatrol with any other apps.Im currently using looknstop and Norton 2011 av with winpatrol.Winpatrol DOES alert to start up items.

4. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

I hope you find the answer shortly...or else a quick note to Bill P. might shed some light. Sorry I couldn't help.

5. ellison64

Hmm... i think I might have found a bug.When i open win patrol and click options tab ,one of the real time monitor icons disappears after a second ,though i can still click the empty space and open the dialogue box.I guess id better email Bill ,and link to this thread.

Attached Files:

6. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I don't know if this helps, but in the restart file window, you have it set for 5 minutes and also have the automatic restart radio button checked. If you're using Winpatrol Pro the radio button is checked.

7. ellison64

The radio button for that option disappears after a second,when i open options secreen, so i cant alter it if i want to,other than increasing the time from the windows or setting it to 0 (disabling)
    ellison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.