Winows Update compromised ?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Old Monk, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Monk

Old Monk Registered Member

Hello good Wilders folks,

I now update my Windows patches manually but made a cardinal sin the other night and against PG's own advice and that from PG users far more experienced than myself - forgot to disable PG when downloading MS updates.

I got several PG prompts during the process which I allowed. Question is this - how can I make sure that the downloaded patches have installed correctly ? PG's advice seems to indicate that if you don't disable it during updates than problems could arise - thus far no problems but how and when would any such problems become apparent ?

Any feedback greatly recieved.

Great prog by the way - still learning and will have other questions -tremendous value for money and heartily recommend to novice computer users such as myself. Be brave and take the plunge - one things seems certain, if you're security is important it's worth the effort and the inevtiable head scratching on occasions.

Cheers

Jon

2. Notok

Notok Registered Member

If it didn't alert you to drivers trying to install, you're fine. If it did you can always uninstall those latest updates and re-download them.

3. Old Monk

Old Monk Registered Member

Thanks Notok

Appreciate your feedback - don't recall any driver install alerts. All seems well.

Just thought I'd check just to be on the safe side.

Cheers

Jon

4. voirdire

voirdire Registered Member

Check your xp ad-remove programs. I have strange blocked black lines that divide the program list that appeared after the latest update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.