Windscribe VPN free

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by david banner, Jun 15, 2017.

1. david banner

david banner Registered Member

Anyone any experience of Windscribe?. 10GB free per month on free one. Is it safe to try?
    Does it have adware or what is he express install about?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  2. warrior99

warrior99 Registered Member

Its fast and safe , I use the pro version , no problems, :)

3. SA Jack

SA Jack Registered Member

I took advantage of a free 50 GB per month offer not so long ago. Very easy to install and setup. In normal browsing, the speed was adequate. However, when downloading, it practically comes to a halt.

I tested speed using speedof.me and speedtest.net (BETA). In both cases my maximum download speed reached about 2 Mbps, with a number of tests showing < 1 Mbps.

My normal download speed with my ISP is 100-120 Mbps.

I am inexperienced in setting up a VPN, but I've double checked the procedure and everything appears to be as it should be.

I still have the Windscribe installed but it is currently NOT activated. I'm holding out hope that I'm doing something wrong and an easy fix is just a click or two away.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. -SA Jack

4. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Hi SA Jack,

Have you sent an email inquiry for Windscribe tech support on this issue of download speed describing your normal capabilities vs your experience having the problem on download speed at Winscribe VPN?

-- Tom

5. SA Jack

SA Jack Registered Member

Hi Tom:
    I have not contacted tech support as yet. I checked their support help to review the installation procedure to see if I did something incorrect. I will contact tech support and post back to this thread as to what I learned. -SA Jack

6. anon

anon Registered Member

This is a 1-computer lifetime 60GB-per-month license, for commercial or noncommercial use.
    https://sharewareonsale.com/s/windscribe-vpn-giveaway-coupon-sale

7. digmor crusher

digmor crusher Registered Member

Same thing happened to me, it worked great the first couple months, after that it slowed to a crawl, to the point where if I did a speedtest the page would time out at times, thats how much it slowed my connection down. Now I can't remember but its possible that the slowdowns occurred after I got the free 50 GB offer. In any case I uninstalled.

8. compleo

compleo Registered Member

I tried the link you provided, after installed i only see 10 GB...

Wind.JPG

9. anon

anon Registered Member

Did you follow the instructions?
    "DIRECTIONS
    The download link is given to you above. To get your free giveaway, do the following:
    New Users
    Click here to go to the Windscribe signup page and click GET UNLIMITED button to create a new Windscribe account. Next, fill out the form. Before you submit the form, click HAVE A VOUCHER and enter SOS60GBS in the voucher code box that appears. Now submit the form. You will have to confirm your email address; after that, go to ACCOUNT and verify the voucher worked; -- if not, click CLAIM VOUCHER and enter SOS60GBS again. Now download and install Windscribe, log into your account within the program, and enjoy!
    Existing Users
    Click here to go to the Windscribe homepage and log into your existing account. Once logged in, click CLAIM VOUCHER, enter SOS60GBS in the voucher code box, and submit it. Now your giveaway will be activated. Enjoy!"

10. compleo

compleo Registered Member

I tried your instructions & it worked, but, i thought this was a freebie. I still appreciate your time.

I just confused with the 10 GB- per month or 60GB-per-month. But regardless of the numbers, how do these numbers translate into time?

11. Stode

Stode Registered Member

you can get 1-year license with unlimited data on HumbleBundle for just $12 ...
    With the bundle you get other stuff aswell, like Panda Antivirus Pro (has firewall too) 3 machines for 1 year, amongst others..
    All the serials for the different software are independent so you can give them to your friends or family,if you don't need the rest yourself..
    This is a real bargain, i grabbed it immediately after my friend told me about it..
    See here.
    Note that you have only 1 day left to claim this promotion..

12. david banner

david banner Registered Member

How do you get more data on the free windscribe? it says 10 gigs per month. Do i have to install a new version when the month is up??

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  13. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

Here is a new code for 60gb, GOTD60GB, i can confirm it does work, although you must confirm account via email. My email went into spam folder
    It's 2gb a month free, going to 10 gb when you give email address then 60 gb when using voucher

14. assersegsten

assersegsten Registered Member

I also use the Pro Version, and it is very safe and swift:thumb:

15. guest

guest Guest

Daily Deal: Windscribe VPN
    June 26, 2018
    https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20180626/09283740110/daily-deal-windscribe-vpn.shtml

16. guest

guest Guest

Ghacks Deals: Windscribe VPN: Lifetime Pro Subscription (just $59)
    July 24, 2018
    https://www.ghacks.net/2018/07/24/ghacks-deals-windscribe-vpn-lifetime-pro-subscription-just-59/

17. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Yes, I got this the other day....But, I have to create an account with Windscribe to be able use it, because they use a subscription model.

If I had known that, I wouldn't have forked out for this. I prefer just to get the download link for the exec, and a registration key!

18. __Nikopol

__Nikopol Registered Member

woa... How do they make enough money? Even ProtonVPN, that is arguably worse is many ways, costs like almost three times as much per year!

Any down sides? I don't understand why they mention the version number and lifetime updates. No special TOS?

19. LagerX

LagerX Registered Member

20. __Nikopol

I got me some of this v-p-n... I'm not exactly happy right now. Well, at least I finally decided which VPN I use FOREVER o_O

21. Circuit

Circuit Registered Member

Garbage now since they added this so called "robert" , no connections at all.
    No support!!! Stay away!!!

They were getting a little goofy for me.
    The install if you want to customize has these check boxes- Do you want to slow down you connection, disconnect at random?
    What crap is that that they are playing when it should be important?

No wonder that they gave out free lift-time licenses.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  22. digmor crusher

digmor crusher Registered Member

A bit goofy yes, but works well for me.

23. NiteRanger

NiteRanger Registered Member

Can you do double-hop on your phone if you have the PRO version?

24. __Nikopol

If you use the browser addon, yes, kind of. The addon adds an encrypting proxy.

25. Circuit

Circuit Registered Member

Ditched Windscribe, paid version I do not trust.
    Moved to another VPN and will never look back, very happy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.