Windows7 Shows Error in Event Viewer (CAPI2)

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by reza666, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reza666

reza666 Registered Member

Hi,

Today i noticed that right after i install NOD32 i start getting this error in Event viewer:
    -------------
    Failed extract of third-party root list from auto update cab at: <http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootstl.cab> with error: A required certificate is not within its validity period when verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in the signed file.
    -------------

Can someone please help me understand why this happens and even better how to solve this?

Thanks
    /Reza

2. MattJN

MattJN Former ESET Support Rep

3. reza666

reza666 Registered Member

Thanks for the tips, i read the link and checked the permission and its correct as it is. i have just 1 user and it has full permission to the temp directory (except "special permissions" which i dont know what it is but since even admin didnt have that i left it alone).

Only thing i could do from your link was to perform the following command:
    certutil -urlcache * delete

It did clear some things and so far i cant see the error. Not sure exactly when this error happens, maybe during during a definition update but so far its ok.
    I will report back if it come back again.

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.