Windows7-64bits HDM09/or Backup&Recovery10?

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by karad, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karad

karad Registered Member

I would really appreciate if Tommy lets me know what Paragon suggests is better to use for a 64bits W7 machine for image backup/restore btw

Hard Disk Manager 2009
    and
    Backup&Recovery10 (free)?

Is the latter more 'advanced' or anyhow better than the former regarding Windows7?

I bought HDM09 a year ago,but I'm prepared to use the free edition of B&R10 if its less buggy or gives more guarantees for either 64bits or Win7.

I dont have any criticism to do about HDM09,it worked perfectly until I changed from XP 32 to Win7 64,but that was not because of Paragon,as I say in another thread.
    So I'd be eager to keep using whatever Paragon software is more suitable.

Could i have an authoritative reply in order to be certain about it?

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

You might be better getting HDM2010 - should be out next month with a bit of luck.

Why not try B&R 10 and see if you like it - it's free and will keep you going till HDM 2010 comes out.

3. karad

karad Registered Member

SIW2, I am reluctant to change as the 'old' 2009 is now working like a charm.
    In my system i think it was the change from gigabyte F.10 to F11b which dramatically improved the situation.
    Also,as i found out I cant really use the Linux-based Rescue CD,but only the BART-PE one, I wonder if I could still use the 2009 -made BartPE with the new Backup&REstore,just in case. I guess its a positive,but better to precise.....
    I still would like after 15 posts a word about whats better for 64win7 from someone from Paragon,though....

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Karad,

Windows 7 64bit is a bit spotty sometimes for us. We're surely working on it and expect new builds to fix any shortcomings. Like SIW2 said, HDM 2010 is scheduled to come out February with the Win7 "stamp of approval." If you could hang on with BR10 Free for a month, and check back with us for HDM 2010, we'll be happy to discount your purchase toward HDM 2010.

Contact us directly if you have any questions. Easiest way is to send me a private message.

5. karad

karad Registered Member

All right then Tommy,I understand the difficulties to rig the newly born and will do as you suggest, including the pm asa HDM2010 is ready.
    Thanks,
    karad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.