Windows xp64 and create boot disk.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Instant Coffee, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Instant Coffee

Instant Coffee Registered Member

Windows xp64 and create boot disk can it be done?
    I have just installed Eset Nod32 Antivirus and wanted to create a boot disk in case I have system failure. I get directed to download a Windows AIK (automated installer kit). Anyways being new to all of this I am wondering if indeed I should be downloading and installing the aforementioned software as it clearly states that it is only for Vista or Server 2008.
    Can someone confirm that I can install the windows AIK with Windows XP64.

Thanks
    Instant Coffee

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello,

From the help files.

Due to the support of the 32-bit version of Windows PE, ESR can be created in the 32-bit version of ESS/ENA only.

BFG

3. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

I installed Windows AIK on my vista x64 machine and made an ESET rescue cd. You need to download a copy of ESET x86 installer. The best that I can recall is that after you install WAIK and you start to create the cd from within ESET you just browse to your Nod32 x86 installer that you downloaded. Then it will make it. :thumb:

4. trencan

trencan Eset Staff

Yes it is possible to create Rescue media on XP x64 machine. But you need to have x86 ESET MSI file. Then in SysRescue Wizard you have to browse for this installer file, since WinPE is 32 bit.

5. Instant Coffee

I don't know what to do, I took another look at downloading the AIK file which I was not sure if I should install yesterday, and now it is not up at microsoft anymore. I guess I am unable to perform the system rescue disk creator on my Windows XP 64 bit machine. I tried to look for that eset msi file as well and was unable to locate it.

Instant Coffee

6. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

7. trencan

trencan Eset Staff

8. Instant Coffee

Okay, I am downloading the AIK file from Microsoft as we speak. Just to ensure that this will work (because the AIK is like over a gig to download, and my link is only pulling in like 60k average for some reason. Canada Day Lag?) Anyways just to ensure that I have this correct. I am running Windows 64 XP Professional. And as well I am running 64 bit Nod32 antivirus.
    Even though I am running 64 bit Nod32, it should still work right?

Instant Coffee

9. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

It should work. You have to have a copy of nod32 32bit installer on hand when you make it. After Installing WAIK open up your 64bit Nod to create your disk. Follow these directions http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2103&cat=EAV4&actp=LIST You will have to point eset to your nod32 32bit installer that you have on hand and it will use it to create the iso file.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2009
  10. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello,

Although you are using the 64 bit OS to create this disc I'm not sure it will boot anything but a 32 bit system. It will contain the 32 bit installer.

BFG

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  11. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

Once the cd is created you can use it to boot off of it regardless of what os you have installed. Having a 64bit os installed does not restrict you from booting from a 32bit cd.

12. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello JohnnyDollar,

Thank you, I stand corrected.

BFG

13. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

No problem, your welcome.

14. Instant Coffee

:) Yes,
    Everything worked out for me just like you two described earlier on in the thread. I was able to get all the required software from Microsoft and create the System Rescue Disk. I even ran it once to make sure it works. It booted into EAV seperately from the OS and still had access to all the contents of the OS. Hope it works good at cleaning out any infected files without making the installation of Windows unbootable or something. Whatever though I only made it to be on the safe side.

Best regards
    Instant Coffee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.