windows xp ?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by INTOXSICKATED, Mar 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

is it possible to take the recycle bin and move it to the quick launch taskbar? i know it can be moved to the start menu, but i would like to put it in the taskbar. just curious. o_O

2. dog

dog Guest

Hi INTOXSICKATED, ;)

I moved your post to Software & Services, where it will receive better attention. :)

Steve

3. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I do not think this is possible, you see, because the Recycle Bin not a shortcut..similar to "my computer". Quick Launch is a collection of shortcuts or *.lnk Files.

I found a link to some scripts you can run that can move stuff there if you want to give it a try:
    http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t40510.html

If anybody figures out another way, please let me know. I would like to know as well

4. Oleg

Oleg Registered Member

Sure it's can be done here Is what you do.

right click on Recycle Bin you will see menu popup select "Create Shortcut" after you have done it you will see Recycle Bin shortcut that we have just made now all you have to do Is cut and past shortcut to " C:\Documents and Settings\accountnamefolder\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/Oleg21/temp/screen.png

Last edited: Mar 25, 2005
  5. INTOXSICKATED

actually the first one worked for me. i only have three icons on my desktop: firefox, the recycle bin, and a temp folder that i created. i made a short cut for all of them on my desktop. then i dragged the shortcuts to the quick launch taskbar. finally, i right clicked on my desktop>arrange icons by>and uncheck show desktop icons.

now my desktop is blank and all my icons i use to use are in my taskbar! don't know what good this is, but i like it!!!

thankyou both.

6. INTOXSICKATED

ok, i did something different. i deleted my firefox and temp folder from the desktop. then i went into my c: drive where they were, right clicked and dragged them to the quick launch taskbar and selected copy here.

this eliminated 2 of my desktop icons, now all i have left is the recycle bin icon. i have created a shortcut in the quick launch taskbar for the recycle bin, buthow can i delete it from my desktop without unselecting the show desktop icons setting.

hope this makes sense, it is late and i am........well, you know!

7. Oleg

Oleg Registered Member

You can't delete recycle bin from desktop,but you can hide it :)

8. INTOXSICKATED

hide it how? by the unchecking the show desktop icons? or is there anither way to hide it?

9. Alec

Alec Registered Member

Easiest method is probably to use the TweakUI PowerToy from Microsoft. If you run it, and select Desktop, it will allow you to selectively enable/disable the various system desktop icons... including the Recycle Bin.

10. Oleg

Oleg Registered Member

I have found this info hope this helps.

11. INTOXSICKATED

i got it figured out. i used this tweak. now my desktop is totally blank and all my icons are in the quick launch taskbar. when i wake up sober tomorrow, someone needs to remind me why i did this!

12. Oleg

Oleg Registered Member

lol why would you want all desktop icons gone?

13. INTOXSICKATED

i have no idea, it pisses the wife off tho. that's reason enuff!

14. INTOXSICKATED

i use to use style xp to change my desktop themes and taskbars and what not. recently i have deleted the program and set my performance settings to 'adjust for better performance'. i also switched to using 16-bit color quality. my computer kinda looks like windows 3.1 but a hell of allot faster. i dunno why, i just like it and think i'll keep it like this for a while.

keep in mind, when i wake up tomorrow and post a thread wondering where all my desktop icons have gone, re-direct me here! :p

15. Oleg

Oleg Registered Member

Do you care for screenshot :)

16. INTOXSICKATED

here is my very simple desktop.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.