Windows xp X64 and a Macbook

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Dennfish, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennfish

Dennfish Registered Member

I currently have a desktop running XP x64. I would like to make a clone of my hard drive and run it on my Intel Core 2 Duo core macbook, can I do this with True IMage? Will I have to convert the 64bit image (PC) image to a 32bit image (MAc)? Or is the macbook which I believe to be a 64bit architecture system capable of dealing with the cloned PC image? If a conversion is needed, how do I go about doing this?

I am rather new to this so please help. Any and all advice will be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Dennfish

Desktop : Win XP x64 SP2 AMD64 2.2Ghz w/ 2GB Ram
    Macbook : Leopard 10.5, Intel Core 2 Duo 2Ghz 2 GB RAM

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dennfish,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that officially none of the current version of Acronis True Image supports Macintosh computers and, therefore, we cannot guarantee that Acronis software will work correctly on them. Most likely future versions will support it. We regret to inform you that we cannot tell the exact time-frame when that will be implemented.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.