Windows XP SP2

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by WilliamP, Mar 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I have Windows XP , TDS3, PG , NOD32, AP and others. So here is my question . How is everything going to work if SP2 is loaded. I have Abtrusion Protector and it has problems with( DCSMUTEX )because it recreates an EXE. after a scan. Of course that is part of TDS3 . Now Microsoft is adding Execution protection to XP. I sure hope that these things get checked out before hand.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi WilliamP, Given MS's track record on these things I suspect that they will make a bodge of it + every hacker worth his salt will target it :)
    I would imagine that it will also have a switch which one can turn it off with or probably on, as we all know that their wonderful in-bound firewall was switched off by default :p
    I believe they are also adding outbound control to the new firewall in SP2 - I wonder how secure that will be or rather for how long :'(

3. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I am not as worried about the firewall as I am the Execution Protection. From what I have read the firewall can be turned off. It may turn out to be a good firewall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.