Windows XP Repair Install & FDISR

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by WilliamP, Apr 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I have a Primary and Secondary snapshot and would like to do a repair install of XP. First, if I exit Process Guard and shut down NOD 32 will I have any problems. Also should I do it first in the primary or secondary. As you may already know I had done something similar and FDISR got messed up. That time I hadn't exited PG when I made the secondary snap.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

William

First why are you doing this. What is your problem.

Offhand, First I would image the complete drive, so I can get back to where I am now. Then I would delete the secondary snapshot, and uninstall FDISR. Then I would do my repair install of windows. BUT... couple of other thoughts. A) I would be curious what Acadia thinks, but more importantly I would call Raxco techsupport and get their input before doing anything.

Pete

3. WilliamP

The reason I wanted to do a repair install is I am having some minor problems with the system. The repair install is a shot in the dark. Will a repair install mess up FDISR ?

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I don't know for sure, but remember FD-ISR does modify the Master Boot Record. I would call Raxco before I did anything. Ask for Jason Claiborne.

Pete

5. WilliamP

Thank you Peter.

6. WilliamP

I E Mailed support and Susie said rhe repair install wouldn't harm anything. I don't know!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.