Windows XP Repair Install & FDISR

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by WilliamP, Apr 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I have a Primary and Secondary snapshot and would like to do a repair install of XP. First, if I exit Process Guard and shut down NOD 32 will I have any problems. Also should I do it first in the primary or secondary. As you may already know I had done something similar and FDISR got messed up. That time I hadn't exited PG when I made the secondary snap.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

William

First why are you doing this. What is your problem.

Offhand, First I would image the complete drive, so I can get back to where I am now. Then I would delete the secondary snapshot, and uninstall FDISR. Then I would do my repair install of windows. BUT... couple of other thoughts. A) I would be curious what Acadia thinks, but more importantly I would call Raxco techsupport and get their input before doing anything.

Pete

3. WilliamP

The reason I wanted to do a repair install is I am having some minor problems with the system. The repair install is a shot in the dark. Will a repair install mess up FDISR ?

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I don't know for sure, but remember FD-ISR does modify the Master Boot Record. I would call Raxco before I did anything. Ask for Jason Claiborne.

Pete

5. WilliamP

Thank you Peter.

6. WilliamP

I E Mailed support and Susie said rhe repair install wouldn't harm anything. I don't know!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.