Windows XP question

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Tooltimetim, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tooltimetim

Tooltimetim Registered Member

Hi There,

I am new to the forums... I apoligize if I do not get back with you all right away. But I will get back with you :) .

Recently... I had caught a virus and my antivirus NOD32 caught it and deleted it. But now when I look at my "Available Wireless Networks", I notice that the words which are circled in red on the picture are "Bold" instead of regular.

I am wondering how I can change it back to normal or if a Windows Update did this and possibly not the virus.

Thank you so much, have a good day.

Tim

Attached Files:

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

If the wireless connections still work the way they are supposed to I wouldn't worry about the title of that page being In bold print I use a wireless network here but not through microsoft in XP so i can't look to see if mine would be bolded also. but if it still works well I wouldn't worry.

3. Tooltimetim

OK... sounds good. I figured as much that I shouldn't worry about it but I just thought to ask.

Thank you!

Tim :)

4. bigc73542

Windows is pretty complex and with updates little things change that might not get noticed till it is accessed and sometimes it makes you wonder if it is suppossed to be that way :D it happens to all of us at one time or another. If another question comes up be sure to post it and we will do our best to get you an answer.

bigc

5. Tooltimetim

OK, thank you. I would like to ask a question on how to setup a wireless network in my home... tried searching Google and a friend suggested to not do that and try Wilders Security Forums which I am pretty sure this is it :).

Do you know anywhere where I could ask on this website or on a different website find out how to setup a LAN for all my computers?

Thanks, and take care.

Tim

6. bigc73542

Are you going to use a wireless router and then a network card in each of the remote computers. I take it for granted you have broadband?

7. Tooltimetim

Yes, I have cable internet from Comcast. I already have a USB thing from Linksys hooked up and they all connect to the Internet just fine but now I'd like to form a LAN and wondering how to do this.

8. bigc73542

If all of your computers are connecting to the internet already through a router from your modem you already have a Local Area Network unless I am missing what you are wanting to do.

9. Tooltimetim

Oh ok.. because my son and I want to play a game called Counter-Strike together but when we try to create a LAN to play the game in, it doesen't show it in the list.

10. bigc73542

You have to make sure in the router settings and the computers that they are set to (see each other on the network) on my home network I have four comps and they are set to not see each other at all. Mine is the hard wired comp to the router and it can see the other but not the reverse.

11. Tooltimetim

Well sir, I appreciate your help! I will get back with you soon because right now I need to go take care of some things offline. Again, thanks very much and I will try to get back with you if you don't mind when I can about the LAN and trying to figure it out :D.

Take care,

Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.