Windows XP Pro Stop Error on Shutdown - timntr.sys

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RonnieJP, Aug 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RonnieJP

RonnieJP Registered Member

I am using Acronis True Image 8.0 build 889 on my Windows XP professional system. Recently, I've been getting stop error blue screens whan I try to shutdown Windows XP that reference this timntr.sys file. I even tried disabling the True Image Monitor from startup so it's not even running. I only get this error about 1 out of 10 times I shut down Windows, but it is very annoying. And it's not related to whether I use the program or not in a given session, it occurs randomly. Even though I've been using the program for many months, this problem only started recently. In fact, if I remember correctly, it may have started sometime after I installed the Acronis plug-in for Bart PE. I sent this support request to Acronis along with the generated minidump file, but just got the usual canned response to download the latest build. Has anyone seen this issue?

2. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

I have experienced it as you stated. I no longer install TI8 on my hard drive. I just use my BartPE CD and boot CD's.

I reloaded a previously uncorrupted image which never had TI8 installed on it and I haven't had any stop errors or memory errors on restart or shutdown. Neither have I had any system errors in the Event Viewer.

My errors seem to be related to a conflict between TrueImage 8 and McAfee Virus Scan. I'm still trying to pin down some evidence of this conflict.

When I completely remove McAfee and leave TI8 on my drive there are no errors. As soon as I reinstall McAfee the errors return. McAfee runs fine as long as TI8 is not installed on my hard drive.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2005
  3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello RonnieJP,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Have you tried to install the latest build? Does the problem persist? If so please send us minidumps created with the latest build installed. The reason why we need you to install the latest build is that it contains some minor fixes that may eliminate problems on some particular systems.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. RonnieJP

Dear Ilya,

I updated to the latest build version 903 last night. I shutdown OK several times but tinight I got the blue screen stop error on shutdown again, refencing the same timntr.sys file as before. I attached the minidump file in my reply to tech support rep Yuri Lavor. My tech support case number is Acronis #322953.
    Do you think you can touch base with Yuri and analyze the minidump filr for some clues. Thanks.

5. Acronis Support

Hello RonnieJP,

Thank you for all the information you sent us. We will investigate it and help you with the solution.

If you do not receive any response from Acronis Support Team within 48 hours please send me PM with the link to this thread. To send PM please click on the "Acronis Support" in the head of any of my replies and choose "Send a private message to Acronis Support" item

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

6. RonnieJP

Just wanted to follow up on this issue. Acronis sent me a new version of the timntr.sys file a couple of weeks ago. Since then, no further problems. I think I can say with confidence that the intermittent blue screen stop error on shutdown has been resolved. I have been advised that this new version timntr.sys file will be included in future builds of TI 8.0.
    Thank you Acronis Tech Support!

7. Acronis Support

Hello RonnieJP,

I'm really glad to hear that your issue has been solved.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Aug 31, 2005
  8. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Anyone know whether it was incorporated into Build 937?

Regards

9. fpetermann

fpetermann Registered Member

CRASH...won't boot to Windows...

I know this topic is ancient but it was first Google hit (I got LUCKY with timntr.sys :rolleyes: and it does outline my curent XP problem).

I ran 8.0 800 fine for the past few month. Today was my first attempt to set-up a simple home network with True Image installed. System just locked up and now won't boot into safe mode, process stops at mup.sys. The screens I did observe during start-up also showed SATA HDD disappear which I use for storage with a couple of ATAs.

Are there new files I could grab? Are there known network issues with TI someone could point out? I know this is vague.....but I am clueless....

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.