windows XP Pro restored to XP Home

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Tom Patteson, Jul 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Patteson

Tom Patteson Guest

My computer died and I purchased a new computer. The old computer was a Pentium 4 runining Windows XP PRO SP2 as the OS. The new computer I purchased has Windows XP Home SP2 as the OS. I had an image of the old drive that I want to place on the new computer. The image was made using True Image (build 889). I have run the restore image and the new computer will not boot. I can restore the image of the new computers original image. What other info do I need to provide to get help with this?

Thank you.

Tom Patterson

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

u shouldnt try to restore the image of the old drive to the new one as the computer is different. as long as ur build of true image is not 859, u can extract files from ur image if necessary.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tom,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Besides the reinstallation of Windows you may try the Repair Installation using Windows XP Pro Installation CD. This procedure is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.