Windows XP Pro Activation Key

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MurrayW, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MurrayW

MurrayW Registered Member

I want to create 2 identical computers (same hardware, motherboard, etc.). I have two licensed Windows XP Pro install discs and two Acronis True Image licenses. I have set up one computer with all the windows updates, XP tweaks and loaded software that I have multiple licenses for (Office, Norton AV) or free programs that do not need a license (Adobe, Spybot, AdAware, etc.).

I can use True Image to clone the disk of computer 1 so I can use it in computer 2. My only question is how do I change the XP Pro product key on the 2nd computer so that it uses the 2nd license on computer 2 after cloning the disk from computer 1? These are 2 separate retail XP Pro installation disks, not a multiuser license with install disk

I don't want to do a separate Windows XP Pro install because I spent several hours tweaking the computer to my liking and I would like each of them to be identical. The 2nd computer is going to be for my 80 yr old non-computer literate father-in-law that I will be managing for him using remote desktop protocol from 1000 miles away.

thanks,

Murray

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I don't know much about this method but you can check it out here

3. jimmytop

jimmytop Registered Member

4. MurrayW

It states that it is for the corporate version only, but I will give it a try. Has anyone else tried this method?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Murray

5. MurrayW

6. bigc73542

I just found this it would definatly be the easiest way to change the key here

Attached Files:

7. MurrayW

Wow, you guys are great. Unless someone has another way that is faster than 3.38 seconds ;) , I'll do this.

Thanks for all your help!

Murray

8. bigc73542

I hope it helps you out.

bigc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.