Windows XP Pro Activation Key

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MurrayW, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MurrayW

MurrayW Registered Member

I want to create 2 identical computers (same hardware, motherboard, etc.). I have two licensed Windows XP Pro install discs and two Acronis True Image licenses. I have set up one computer with all the windows updates, XP tweaks and loaded software that I have multiple licenses for (Office, Norton AV) or free programs that do not need a license (Adobe, Spybot, AdAware, etc.).

I can use True Image to clone the disk of computer 1 so I can use it in computer 2. My only question is how do I change the XP Pro product key on the 2nd computer so that it uses the 2nd license on computer 2 after cloning the disk from computer 1? These are 2 separate retail XP Pro installation disks, not a multiuser license with install disk

I don't want to do a separate Windows XP Pro install because I spent several hours tweaking the computer to my liking and I would like each of them to be identical. The 2nd computer is going to be for my 80 yr old non-computer literate father-in-law that I will be managing for him using remote desktop protocol from 1000 miles away.

thanks,

Murray

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I don't know much about this method but you can check it out here

3. jimmytop

jimmytop Registered Member

4. MurrayW

It states that it is for the corporate version only, but I will give it a try. Has anyone else tried this method?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Murray

5. MurrayW

6. bigc73542

I just found this it would definatly be the easiest way to change the key here

Attached Files:

7. MurrayW

Wow, you guys are great. Unless someone has another way that is faster than 3.38 seconds ;) , I'll do this.

Thanks for all your help!

Murray

8. bigc73542

I hope it helps you out.

bigc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.