Windows XP - multiuser error

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by luper77, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luper77

luper77 Guest

Hi!

I have two "user accounts" in Win XP: mine (as administrator) + another one (second user, using the same computer).

When I access the computer everything is OK. However, when the other user accesses the computer through his account he gets the following error message: "TDS Keyfile is corrupt, Error code=L1A" and TDS -3 does not run.

I wonder what is the cause for this.

Is TDS -3 prepared to run in a multiuser situation?

Tks.

Luper

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there,
    yes it is; best have it installed from the admin account and for the user runas with limited admin rights to use TDS on that acount too.
    Another way is to install it another time on the user account too and you should be fine.

3. luper77

luper77 Guest

Jooske,

I had TDS-3 already installed from the admin account and the second user with limited admin rights. And the error mentioned on my earlier message comes up in this scenario.

You said "Another way is to install it another time on the user account too and you should be fine". I do not see the point of installing the same program twice in the same computer IF TDS-3 IS REALLY PREPARED TO RUN IN A MULTIUSER SITUATION. Are you SURE that this is the case?

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.