Windows XP Home Edition Error

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by primepost, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. primepost

primepost Registered Member

HELLO IM RUNNING WINDOWS XP WITH NOD32 SECURITY SO FAR I AM EXTREMELY IMPRESSED WITH THE PROTECTION, LATELY I HAVE ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR MESSAGE THAT POPS UP REGULARLY HERE IS THE MESSAGE:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\App64\bvid.exe is not a valid Win32 application

CAN YOU PLEASE ASSIST ME IN RESOLVING THIS POP UP ERROR, I HAVE SCANNED THE COMPUTER AND IS CLEAN.

THANKYOU

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The file is most likely corrupted and thus non-functional. Do you know what software it belongs to? If you generate a SysInspector log, do you see the file there?

3. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

4. primepost

primepost Registered Member

I THINK THIS BELONGS TO THE PREVX VIRUS CLEANER, I DONT KNOW WHY COMPANIES LEAVE TRACES ON THE SYSTEM WHEN YOU LIKE TO DISCONTINUE THERE PRODUCT IT IS RIDICOLOUS, ACTUALLY IV SCANNED WITH PREVX 3.0 NOT THAT I WANTO BUT JUST TO SEE IF IT PICKS UP THE VIRUS OR MALWARE AND YES IT SHOWS AS MALWARE, NOW WHAT FROM HERE AM I FORCED TO USE PREVX JUST BECAUSE OF THIS ANNOYING POPUP?

CAN NOD32 PROGRAMMERS WORK ON THIS ISSUES AS I HAVE BEEN INFECTED BY OTHER VIRUS CLEANING PROGRAMS WHICH I HATE WITH A PASSION!

WHAT SHOULD I NOW DO SHOULD I SWITCH TO PREVX JUST BECAUSE OF BSF.EXE AND BVID.EXE?

OR SHOULD I WAIT FOR NOD32 TEAM TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM PLEASE HELP!

AND OH THEY ARE ASKING TO BUY THE LICENCE TO CLEAN OUT THOSE TWO FILES...THAT WHAT I CALL MORONS...URGENT NOW WHAT?

5. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

6. Gosman

Gosman Registered Member

I suspect that your computer is infected with a trojan. Also I advise to you to make MBAM log.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.