Windows XP Edition Of UltimateDefrag 3 at $9.97 until 31 May 2011

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Chubb, May 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

2. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I cant genuinely see the point in this o_O

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Marketing of course.

4. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Fair enough, but wouldnt it be better to reduce the price of the product by $10 be better than relying on a seperate product aimed solely for XP o_O as this could have some customers complaining that XP users are being given favour

5. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

and why could this not be installed on vista or win7? what did they change since there normal download is for all windows unless they locked it to xp in the installer i dont see the point either. i also agree with dvd+r

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I didn't say I thought it smart, just a possible explanation. Doesn't make any sense to me either.

Pete

7. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

first, you need to note that disktrix's full UD3 (at $30) entitles you to buy additional licenses for other machines for $20 a pop, so obviously it should be more expensive than the xp only product (normal price $15), which entitles you to additional licenses for xp machines only (at $10 a piece).

second, disktrix is probably hoping that some xp users decide to try the xp only product because it's cheap, but then will end up buying the full version at some later date when s/he updates OS or buys a new computer that comes with Windows 7 or 8 or whatever is in by then.

of course disktrix could also offer vista only and windows 7 only version of UD3, and maybe they will if the xp only version turns out to be lucrative, but right now i think they are targeting the xp audience because lots of people are upgrading from xp to win 7, so those guys are likelier to need a new (full) license sooner than vista and windows 7 users.

8. Spruce

Spruce Registered Member

Signs of life from there is much more worth than offers :D

9. TraumaDoc

TraumaDoc Registered Member

What a ridiculous "statement" ! You never heard of business, marketing, money-making, etc.?

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never bought anything "on-sale" have you ?

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I have never tried it :rolleyes:
    Will probably give it a try since i have like a test windows install right now :D

11. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

never look a gift horse in the mouth it's what I always say. At this price I will definitely get it. My upgrade to windows 7 can be postponed once again.

12. Spruce

Spruce Registered Member

Try it, very powerful piece of software :)

13. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Ahem :cautious: Firstly, Shut Up! and secondly dont get over dramatic by calling people ridiculous, it's not very polite :shifty: .

14. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I agree, it also screams noob , it would be better to be more low key till you find out just who is who and find just what is your level of computer knowledge compared to every one else here.

Last edited: May 9, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.