Windows XP Crashed During Loging Process

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by TomCurren, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomCurren

TomCurren Registered Member

I'm running Acronis Privacy Expert Suite version 9.0 (build 1,461). About 30% of the time now, when I log into my Windows XP Professional (latest updates applied through Windows Update) the operating sytem crashes to a blue screen identifying a driver error in psh_drv.sys.

When I reboot, if the problem doesn't recur, Windows identifies the following as error codes it want to send to Microsoft.

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : A8D315E4 BCP3 : A7F50C90

BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

I searched on the Internet and saw a similar message re this driver when used with conjunction with an ATI card. I do, in fact, have an ATI graphics card on my Dell Inpiron 8600 laptop.

Can you please help me?

Thanks,

Tom

Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  2. TomCurren

This reply posted to turn on email subscription on this thread.

3. TomCurren

Attached, is the error dump that Windows sent Microsoft after recovery from the last crash.

It's a rar archive. But I've added a log extension to allow it be uploaded by the forum.

Attached Files:

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Try lowering the malware detection to low or medium, and see if this makes a difference.

I had a freezing problem that was ultimately traced to my NVidia video driver. However push_srvc often stops XP closing down, the service having to be stopped manually, to allow XP to close. Haven't found a solution to that as yet.

Colin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.