Windows xp cloning problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cmasters, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmasters

cmasters Registered Member

I am running true image 10 current build 4871. I have a 200 gig C drive and I want to clone it to a new 40 gig usb drive. I cloned the drive selected automatic, delete partitions on new drive. the clone operation completed. I then stut down unpluged the C drive and left usb drive pluged in and powered on the usb drive was detected and the computer was booting. I then got windows failer screen and was asked to boot to safe mode or normal mode etc. I selected normal it tryed to work but went back to boot menu I then selected boot safe mode and it just hung I have rebooted and repeated to boot to new drive but the process hung on the menu screen. where should I go from here??

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I may be wrong but even though your PC will boot an USB drive Windows XP does not support being booted from a USB drive.

3. RockyCore

RockyCore Registered Member

Yeah, if you are trying to boot your OS from the USB drive, it takes a lot more work than just cloning it over.

I am not even sure if doing it like that is possible to begin with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.