Windows xp cloning problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cmasters, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmasters

cmasters Registered Member

I am running true image 10 current build 4871. I have a 200 gig C drive and I want to clone it to a new 40 gig usb drive. I cloned the drive selected automatic, delete partitions on new drive. the clone operation completed. I then stut down unpluged the C drive and left usb drive pluged in and powered on the usb drive was detected and the computer was booting. I then got windows failer screen and was asked to boot to safe mode or normal mode etc. I selected normal it tryed to work but went back to boot menu I then selected boot safe mode and it just hung I have rebooted and repeated to boot to new drive but the process hung on the menu screen. where should I go from here??

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I may be wrong but even though your PC will boot an USB drive Windows XP does not support being booted from a USB drive.

3. RockyCore

RockyCore Registered Member

Yeah, if you are trying to boot your OS from the USB drive, it takes a lot more work than just cloning it over.

I am not even sure if doing it like that is possible to begin with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.