windows worm

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by kennethtb, Jan 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kennethtb

kennethtb Registered Member

I'm reading today that 2,000,000 computers are already infected with the Conflicker or Kido worm. can I be assured that Eset SS 3.0.684 can block and/ or remove this problem and yes I have installed the windows patch

2. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

No AV is 100% effective. You need to be sure you have the Windows patch that was issued last year.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  3. kennethtb

kennethtb Registered Member

Hi and thanks for your reply but I see on the Kaspersky forum that certain special download links and information are being offered to block and remove this worm which apparently is very difficult to remove and cannot be resolved by using the normal kis program removal procedures. So far I do not find any such solutions with eset

4. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

Blocking and removal are two different issues with this worm. If you are infected, removal can be difficult because of the nature of the files the malware has infected. I am not sure if Eset has provided a special removal tool.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

V3/V4 can remove it completely, but a computer restart is required for the cleaning to take effect. However, it's crucial to install the appropriate hotfix from MS to avoid further expoitation of the bug.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.