Windows Vista Nod 32 Issues

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Sir_Loin_Ofsteak, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir_Loin_Ofsteak

Sir_Loin_Ofsteak Registered Member

Hi,
    First off, apologies if this question has been asked before - I'm new to this site and although I did check if this topic had been raised before, I didn't find anything quite like it. Nor have I ever seen this issue before...

I have always had excellent experiences with Nod32, and as my girlfriend has been without Antivirus protection for about a year and a half (her MacAfee subscription expired), I decided to get her a Nod32 license. She's running Vista Home Premium (32 bit), Service Pack 2.

So I deleted MacAfee, installed Nod32, ran it and everything was absolutely fine (picked up 3 things in the cache, nothing else - quite remarkable considering...). Then 3 days later Vista updated and all hell has broken loose. It has stopped recognising that MS Office is installed and whenever she boots the PC a Windows installer comes up with the message "A feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available" and tries to install something but can't find anything to actually install. It does the same thing even when she opens the documents folder (not even opening any of the documents).

I tried rolling back to pre-update, but if anything that's seemed to make things worse.

The thing is that she's been updating her system as normal ever since she's had it and never encountered this problem before, and the only thing that has really changed is that Nod32 is now installed instead of MacAfee.

Have any of you ever heard of this happening before? Do you have any suggestions?

Oh it's Nod32 4.

:(

2. STRYDER

STRYDER Registered Member

I suggest following the instructions in the knowledgebase article below and let us know how it goes. :thumb:

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2505

Somethings in those instructions may be things you have tried before, do not skip them. The sequence of the steps are what is important. If all else fails there is a link at the bottom of that article for submitting a support request to ESET (North America/Canada).

3. Sir_Loin_Ofsteak

Sir_Loin_Ofsteak Registered Member

Thanks for the response - I've done most of that...just doing the second scan now and I'll let you know. Fingers crossed....!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.