Windows Vista Built in Anti-malaware

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by chaos16, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

In Windows Vista there is a Built in Anti-Malaware

look here http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/security.mspx

it says this

Protection from Malware

IT departments and individual users spend significant time and resources solving problems caused by malware as well as trying to detect and prevent problems before they happen. Windows Vista includes powerful features that can prevent, detect, and remove malware before it causes problems. The result: improved computer performance, fewer support calls, and improved security.

Note that the built-in anti-malware detection, cleaning, and real-time blocking are primarily targeted at individual users. Windows Vista does not include enterprise management for anti-malware via group policy beyond enabling or disabling the protection.

now i was thinking in the future when ppl buy windows vista i wonder if ppl would want other antmalaware like other antspyware and antitrojan i wonder if u would have the option to uninstall this built in antimalaware as most probably the realtime protection wont be as good as the companies like kaspersky, lavasoft, ewido etc... have

2. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

Microsoft has provided anti-virus tools in the past. They first introduced MSAV with DOS 6.2. It did not mean that you could not use a third party scanner. I am certain that that is the case with Vista.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.