Windows Vista Build 5728 is now available as public download

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by NICK ADSL UK, Sep 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Windows Vista Build 5728 is now available as public download

"This build 5728 has a number of improvements and updates from RC1, but has not been put through the same internal testing process as RC1 and therefore may be unstable in certain installations. We are making this release available for a limited time only (and only by download) in order to get broad distribution and testing in a variety of PC configurations. Please note: This build may not have the same level of support or servicing via Windows Update, and you may not be able to upgrade to the final version of Windows Vista. To continue, please use the links below to start the download. Otherwise, please click here to access the download for Windows Vista RC1 (build 5600).

Installation notice: Users of Toshiba models M400, M4, and M5 should choose to do a clean install (not upgrade) of this build.

Once you complete the download you must burn the ISO file to a DVD. If you don’t know if your DVD-burning software will support burning an ISO file, please refer to your DVD-burning software program and search Help for instructions on creating a disc from an ISO file. Additional instructions can be found on the Customer Preview Program website.

Before upgrading from Beta 2, please install any Critical Updates from Windows Update for Beta 2. Go to Start, All Programs, Windows Update, and click the “Check for Updates” button.

Windows Vista RC1 is available for participants of the Windows Vista Customer Preview Program. Please go to the Customer Preview Program website to register and receive a Product Key, which is required to install and activate the software."

>> Windows Vista Build 5728 Download
    http://download.windowsvista.com/preview/rc1/en/download-5728.htm

2. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

I'm downloading it right now. I've got the iso image file for RC1 b.5600 too but it would not work properly. I'm going to try 5728 now and see if it works.

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Thanks, I will need it in 2011 and winXP ran out of patches.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.