Windows VISTA 64 bit with Service Pack 2 can't copy/update any snapshots using FDISR

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by rardsky, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

I'm running Vista64 and SP2 Hadn't done a copy update as of yet but since seeing your post I have just started one to see what happens, end result is no errors, everything worked just as I've come to expect from FD-ISR, thus I can only conclude that something other than SP2 is causing your problem, perhaps some configuration you may have changed, or some other software that you have recently added, or that has an issue with SP2 and the result of that issue is affecting FD

2. rardsky

rardsky Registered Member

Im still figuring out what went wrong after installing SP2... I don't remember installing or changing anything on my PC after installing SP2.

3. rardsky

Hi Minimax 2000

I tried that one out and still the VSS still stops while updating a snapshot in FDISR

4. Minimax2000

Minimax2000 Registered Member

5. rardsky

I booted into safe mode and it seems that FDISR didnt run on startup, when I tried to open FDISR to see the snaphots this is the message i see "Run time error 13" i dont know what it means. After booting in safe mode I restarted my PC and booted in to the second snapshot (which is Vista SP1) and the VSS also stopped while updating one of my archive snapshot using my primary snapshot.

6. Minimax2000

Minimax2000 Registered Member

One last ditch effort. Did you already check the WER (Windows error reporting)? Go to Start -> type in wercon.exe.

======================================================================
    Before doing the step below backup your registry settings to an external disk.
    Still better make an image of your system to be on the safe side in case anything goes wrong.
    ======================================================================

You can force creating crash dumps and error reports by modifing the registry.
    These dumps can later be analyzed using tools such as windbg to find the cause.

So please after you have applied the registry changes, replicate the VVS crash. Afterwards you can possibly find the dumps and reports in %localAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\WER. You can also make a brute force search for *.mdmp and *.dmp files across your system partition. If you find some files, compare the timestamps of the files with the time of the crash to ensure you have the right ones.

Please proceed as stated in the msdn article and report the results.

From this article:

http://blogs.msdn.com/oanapl/archive/2009/01/28/windows-error-reporting-wer-for-developers.aspx

7. rardsky

One more thing i forgot to tell, i upgraded my BIOS after installing SP2, my Mobo is ASUS. Can this be the problem?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.