Windows Updates

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rico, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Recently I started from square 1, or more precise Windows Vista:

Can Windows Vista (SP0) be updated to SP2, by downloading SP2 and installing it? Or Vista apply SP2?

If so this should apply to xP - 8?

Note going from Vista to SP2 with incremental updates, is very time consuming!

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Thanks Amigo,

Seems funny you would think SP's would be cumulative, or SP2,contains all of SP1. Etc. I thought regarding XP you could go staight to SP2 or SP3. God should you ever have to revert to XP SP0, very unstable, enviorn...

Take Care
    Rico

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Tedious for sure.

5. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Back when I bought my previous (XP) system, it was theoretically ready to run right off the shelf. But the dealer wouldn't let me take it until he'd gotten MS updates fully current, a week later.

If I remember correctly, SP1 was already out (and installed). When SP2 came out, I was still on dialup so sent for the CD installer. And by SP3 I was on broadband, so just did it online via MS Updates, took a total of about 45 minutes for download and installation. This was with all interim updates fully current, of course. And my current 7 x64 system came with SP1 installed, which may or may not (see other threads) be the only SP we'll see for 7.

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

on windows 2000 and xp you can install the latest sp right away.
    I have no idea why microsoft made it a pain with vista and beyond you have to install 1 then 2 etc.

Since you pay for the license and not the disc I do not see why microsoft cannot provide an updated iso on their website for anyone to download and insert their license in to. it would make installs alot quicker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.