Windows Updates

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by OlafVI, May 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OlafVI

OlafVI Registered Member

If this has been posted already, I apologize.

After installing ESET Smart Security 5, the following fixes failed (this from MS's latest fix dump)

KB2529073
    KB2534366
    KB2533552

however

KB890830 - Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 was successful

I then turned off the security for 10min using the new feature and tried again. Still failed.

Reinstalled v4 and all were installed successfully.:doubt:

2. yongsua

yongsua Registered Member

3. OlafVI

OlafVI Registered Member

ok, question now becomes why the malicious tool did work? I want to make this work and the comments about turning security off should do just that, not just antivirus et al. Firewall too. Why not? Bold type it in the manual what clicking that button means. It has been a hassle so many times to do clicks when I'm trying to do or install something and it would be nice if I right click the icon, one more click and all the protection is disabled.

My 2 cents AND would be my responsibility while the security is off. Please understand if a person uses any product, they are responsible for reading the manual. My being in software customer support for 10 years drove the point home or rather that is what I drove home to the customer. As an aside, we didn't have boards back in my day, a PC/AT was pretty cool, no Internet though I did work the DARPANET, so I must drive home some points to myself such as productive searches as I learn each of the various boards' features.

Thanks for pointing me to the thread with the workaround, again I apologize for missing it. I may try to reinstall tomorrow or today as it is rather late.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.