Windows Updated While Returnil Enabled?

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by caspian, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I have Returnil enabled on restart. I received a Windows Update. After restart it said that there were no updates available. It appears that Windows updated successfully while Returnil was enabled. I did not think that was possible.

It was Windows Update for Windows Defender. KB915597 (1.75.798.0) successful 2-15-2010

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Are you sure the System Safe virtualization was active?

Mike

3. caspian

The update that showed up as successful after restart has now disappeared. I checked again today. But yes I am sure that it was enabled. The reason that I checked was because Windows wanted to update the other day. It updated with Returnil enabled so I chose disable and restarted. But after restart the update showed as successful. So when I saw it updating this time I deliberately allowed it to finish so I could see what happened when I restarted with Returnil set to enable on restart. It showed up initially as successful upon restart and then disappeared. I know that it is hard to believe. If I had not deliberately tested it for this particular reason I would not be so sure. The next time windows wants to update I will see what happens and let you know.

4. Coldmoon

Was it a Windows Defender signature update?

5. caspian

Yes it was.

6. Coldmoon

WD updates are similar to any other AV/AS/AM as far as what happens with the signatures when RVS SS is active, especially considering the fact that to apply said update you do not have to restart your computer...

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.