Windows Update KB933360

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by stapp, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

This morning when I turned on my computer it said there was an update for download.

After looking here

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933360

in the August 2007 list, I am not clear if I need to apply it as Greenwich Meantime is listed as not applicable.

If so, why do they want me to have it?

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello stapp,

I think you are misreading the info. Daylight Saving Time (DST) is the same thing as British Summer Time (BST) in the UK and is based on Greenwich Mean Time +/- X hours.

Although BST hasn't changed, many countries have introduced or made changes to their DST. You therefore need to apply the cumulative update in order to incorporate the latest introductions/changes into Windows' Time and Date settings for those other countries.

Regards

Menorcaman

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  3. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Thank you for that Menorcaman, update downloaded.

P.S. It's now gone dark outside :) :)

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Obviouly a bad download that somehow set your system to Antipodean Date & Time. :D :D

5. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

We already had an update (last summer?) that supposedly covered this change for the U.S., Canada and Australia. I suspect that even if it detects that your "home" is one of these places, it still tells you that you need it in case of a major move to someplace that since then has (or is going to) go the same route with dates.

Said major move might, of course, be to avoid the law where you've been scamming people. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.