windows update kb2919355

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by brihy1, Apr 9, 2014.

1. brihy1

brihy1 Registered Member

Updated and installed windows update kb2919355 yesterday and when I restart I logon,it says welcome and then goes to a black screen for 10 minutes before going to the desktop.I reverted back to previous image for the laptop to boot normal again?I can install all the other new updates from 4-8-but when I insall that one it takes forever to boot?

windows 8.1 64bit
    hp laptop intel core i3- 2.4 ghz-8gb ram

2. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

3. brihy1

brihy1 Registered Member

Not sure I understand the whole server thing but this is a home computer(laptop)but would this still be the cause for me?Im connecting through home router with Verizon.

4. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I assume you were able to repeat the long boot more than once and that it was not just the first boot after the update?

5. brihy1

brihy1 Registered Member

Its all the time not just 1st boot.I had to go to a earlier image because it was unbearable.My windows other pc windows 32bit 8.1 updated with no problem so im guessing something is wrong(software,driver)?

6. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

Something like this happened on one of my pc's with February or March updates, I finally found accidentally how to make it boot properly without delay was unchecking the box for App Readiness in msconfig>Services. Not sure why but it now takes only 5 seconds between sign in and showing desktop after disabling that service - when I check it back, it takes about 3 minutes. May not be your problem, but it's worth a try and easy.

There are many problems with KB2919355 - many users can't install it. See Microsoft Forum at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...d/4d4d23a3-695a-4bd4-b340-d2ce9c75919d?page=1

7. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

A driver sounds like a likely possibility. You could always to Soluto and see if it can tell where it is hanging... http://www.soluto.com/boot-time

8. brihy1

brihy1 Registered Member

I will try both suggestions to see if it helps and report back.

9. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

Just curious, brihy1 - did you find a solution? And, if App Readiness was the solution, did you find why? I still don't know that, although I have found Windows Updates REQUIRE App Readiness enabled to install.

10. brihy1

brihy1 Registered Member

If I remember correctly it was not app readiness,i ended up reformatting the computer and everything worked ok.Not sure what the problem was?I was using a certain security suite at the time and have noticed that since reformatting a couple of my computers without it I have 0 problems,not saying that was it but maybe.

11. mantra

mantra Registered Member

hi
    was you able to narrow what did cause the problem?
    are you sure was the hotfix ?

12. brihy1

brihy1 Registered Member

I believe it was the hotfix conflicting with something on the computer.When I didn't have the hotfix installed it ran normal.I didn't have time to troubleshoot a lot to narrow the problem down.I reformatted windows,did windows updates and installed all of my programs minus 1 and the computer is running good.I have no idea what caused it,but that hotfix and something else didn't get along on my computer.