Windows Update Broke

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by whitedragon551, Jun 6, 2015.

1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Yesterday I ran Windows update. After rebooting I had installed 3 updates. KB3050265, KB3068708, and KB915597.

After the update, network drives failed to connect, Firefox crashed without opening, IE wouldnt open, and Windows update pages failed to load.

Just a heads up that these updates may cause some major issues. I have removed them for now and will keep you folks posted if anything else happens.

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

You should delay installing new updates for a few weeks if not months. Let the Internet fix its woes.
    Mrk

3. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Which OS?
    I've installed KB3050267 with no problems on Windows 8.1 x64.
    It looks like nowadays every update breaks something.

4. funkydude

funkydude Registered Member

From what you've described it sounds like it's network related, probably an issue with your security software disagreeing with one of the updates.

5. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

Did you see the problems fixed after uninstalling the updates?

6. whitedragon551

Nope. Reloaded my laptop with Windows 8.1 x64 Pro and didnt install the updates. No issues without those updates so far.

7. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

3050265 is for W7 and 915597 is for Windows Defender. On W8.1 machine...odd that you'd be offered 0265 or 5597..?
    and not a fan of CEIP
    $.02 Cheers

8. whitedragon551

Its unfortunate my Windows OS was destroyed by Windows Updates, but I wanted to switch to Win8.1 anyway. Just couldnt find a reason why when I had a perfectly good OS install going.

9. Techwiz

Techwiz Registered Member

We had a problem with one of our desktop computers where windows update broke completely. All of the windows fix-it tools failed to discover and resolve the problem and I was unable to track down the problem after coming through error reports. I swear by the tweaking.com all-in-one repair tool. It works where windows own Microsoft Fix-It tools fail and it's can single handedly put your IT repair guy out of business. I would strongly recommend that you take a look at it if your adventurous. I believe others have mentioned this before on here, but just thought I'd mention it incase you've exhausted all other options and are looking at just doing a clean reinstall.

httx://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html