Windows Uninstaller Problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by jrmhng, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

Hi All,

My computer is a Lenovo Thinkpad R61i with T5250, 2GB Ram, 80 GB hardrive, integrated graphics card. Windows Vista Business 32 Bit.

My Uninstall or Change a Program interface has done two things:

1) It added lots of useless entries that weren't there before. I am unsure what a lot of these entries even correspond to. I am referring to programs such as 1400, 1400_help, 1400trb in the screen shot. There are many more of these further down.
    uninstall_2.png
    2) It reduced the number of 'legitmate' entries. Only around 10 programs can be uninstalled. Refer to the image, only programs with an entry in the publisher column can be double clicked and uninstalled. All other entries will not respond when double clicked or right clicked. e.g., Java Update 4 can be uninstalled but Jave Update 3 will not respond when clicked.
    uninstall_1.png
    I only noticed this today and am unsure what triggered this or when this actually happened. The programs that I have used that may be relevant to this is, CCleaner, Zsoft uninstaller and Revo uninstaller.

What can I do to change this back to normal?

Regards,
    Jeremy

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  2. Jomsviking

Jomsviking Registered Member

Yes, that sounds like the "work" of an uninstaller.

It could happen that uninstalling the culprit uninstaller will get things back to normal, but the probability is low. Have you tried System Restore ?

3. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Never liked those thing's Jeremy (third-party uninstaller's). Now cc, you run that (as a cleaner) against the registry?

GF

4. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

It seems to me that isn't a third-party uninstaller'work. Some registry cleaners like to "clean" the uninstall info...

Have you a uninstall'info backup?

5. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

Doubt its linked to any app you mentioned.
    Try chkdsk,a long shot,otherwise if everything is working OK ,I would just use Revo,an excellent app and not worry about it.
    If this doesnt list everything-use Safarp.
    Of course, restoring to a previous time would be best.

6. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Hello.

I see you got your answers at least on these 3 entries on "The Vista Forums"

I also see you have backups. Have you tried them yet? If I were you I would turn to this resort immediately. It is Vista you know, and I wouldn't go busting my brains over this issue too much. There are few who actually peeped under its hood and who knows what quirks it may still hide...

I am just wondering why is everyone suggesting a 3rd party uninstaller? Do you want to uninstall all those progams? I thought you want to get things back to normal...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.