Windows SteadyState --- slow boot up time fixed?

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by wearetheborg, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wearetheborg

wearetheborg Registered Member

Was the slow boot up time fixed in windows steadystate 2.5 (for XP)?
    Suppose I turn disc protection on for C:, and say I want to retain some changes, like MS updates, or firefox updates, does that entail turning disc protection off, and the accompanying long boot time?

I'm considering using steadystate+LUA+SRP+SuRun + Sandboxie :p

2. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

Wow, brings back some memories but not enough to answer your question. As best I can remember, upon shut down a warning dialog popped up asking to retain changes made during the session without having to manually turn protection off. For me it worked quite well and I liked it alot but as mentioned in your title, it was very very slow. I moved from WSS to Eaz-Fix Pro which is very fast. Presently and for the last six months or so, I've been using Comodo Time Machine which is free but some folks have had problems with it. I haven't had any problems and I have used it more than one could imagine.

3. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Like Greg S, I used Steadystate a couple years ago,and had no issues with it.

The only issue I did have was when I started using Peerblock and when it would try to load,my PC would reboot,every time. So,thats when I decided one program was going to leave,and it was Steadystate. :cautious:

4. brainrb1

brainrb1 Registered Member

I am using Wondershare Time Freeze (giveaway),its similar protection,lite and have no problems so far,,try it you might like it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.