Windows SP2, urgent

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Sunnysdsr, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunnysdsr

Sunnysdsr Registered Member

Hey. I was wondering is it possible for me to find an iso or something of the Windows SP2 and burn it to CD (I don't want to slipstream)? because I don't want to order off Microsoft as it'll cost. I just want SP2 on a cd that I can boot up at anytime and install. Plus, I can't slipstream because I don't have the original Windows XP CD (it was preinstalled when I purchased my pc)

2. furballi

furballi Registered Member

Call Best Buy, CompUSA, Staples, or Office Depot...they may be able to give you a free copy of SP2. Your local computer repair center should also keep a copy.

3. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

You can download it right from the MS Website. Do a Google for download Win XP SP2. Should take you right to the site. Look for the Network install package. Download it then use your favorite burning app. to put it on a disk. It`s free. A big download, hope you have broadband.

4. Sunnysdsr

Hey, thanks for the reply man. Is there anywhere else where I can get the SP2 network installation file from? Microsoft has some error for me.

5. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Im not sure if this is 100% acceptable to say. If not i am sorry.

But about a year ago. on browsing the net. I noticed a very interesting guide on how to make your own windows install cd simply from your already installed windows on your hard drive. As the install CD copies almost all the contents needed to your hard drive for you to make your very own installation CD.

The guide was made specifically for the problem you were having. And as on my old computer i had the same problem (was only given an recovery cd, this is why i was googling for this).

But I tried it at the time a couple of years back and it did work. but you need to find a few extra files, dll's i believe. So it might be helpful to google for this tutorial.

But

Like i say i hope this is ok to post. But it is simply using your own windows you have installed to make it into a boot cd of windows so i am assuming it is ok.

So anyway once this CD is made. Just slipstream sp2 with it.

Hope this helps
    Anthony

6. ThunderZ

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/Windows-XP-SP2-RTM.shtml Although when ever I download anything from any site other then the Authors site I will usually scan it before installing it. Parinoid? Who me? :cool: :cautious:

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

The only cost is shipping and handling if you do not live in the US. Otherwise....it's free and each time I have ordered it the CD arrived less than 2 weeks.

Bubba

8. Sunnysdsr

Thanks for the replies. Okay, ThunderZ, so if I burn this file to a CD-R I can just pop it in and it'll isntall?

9. ThunderZ

Yep. Should work just that easy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.