Windows shutting down

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by garypo, Apr 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garypo

garypo Registered Member

Hello

Had to format a 200gig drive to remove problems. I used new disc to create 2 partition one 75gig the second the balance of the H/drive. Now having problem with windows XP identifying the h/drive. As window starts to find the new device it shuts down, like it doesn't like the device just cut out.... The H/drive is link to a USB 2 port, tried a second h/drive all ok so eliminating the USB. Now that windows can’t ID the h/drive reformatting and using True Image is out of the question.

My system has XP Home and GoBack installed any suggestion around this problem. The h/drive was ok before formatting able to store and remove data, the only problem was with windows that was caused by infection from the web.

Thanks
    Gary

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Gary,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify what Acronis software you used that led to the situation you describe? Does Windows work normally if the external drive is unplugged? Did it work correctly with this drive plugged to the computer before you formatted it?

You said there was an infection of the computer so could you please make sure you have no viruses any more.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. garypo

garypo Registered Member

Hello

Using TrueImage 8 and Windows is working normally if H/drive unplugged. I had Trend scan all h/drive and couldn’t find the virus don’t know if the problem was a virus or if the site download a software to run it movies that conflicts with windows. I don’t think it’s to do with your software as after formatting the drive and before partitioning the system closed down. When in my profile window didn’t allow the formatting of this drive saying other software using this drive (?), so used my wife profile. Is it possible to format the disc again before windows starts?

Also during partitioning TrueImage asked if I wished to continue with an option to say yes to all, I didn’t take note why :oops: ! Maybe I had the setting wrong causing the problem. Also I set one partition to primary and the second to data would this cause a conflict?

Gary
    o_O

4. Acronis Support

Hello Gary,

Could you please create the screenshots of all your actions in wizard when you partition the new hard drive and send them to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread indicating in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Ilya Toytman. Also please describe what option you were shown and said "yes to all"?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. garypo

garypo Registered Member

Thanks

Repaired the H/Drive by using windows 98 formating to FAT32 and back to XP to reformat. To be honest I don't think it was a problem with TrueImage could have been the virus or human erroro_O?

Regards
    Gary

6. Acronis Support

Hello Gary,

Well, actually I had a thought that the problem could be with the hard drive itself (it is unlikely to be connected with human) so I asked you to contact me via e-mail. This could let me investigate the problem thoroughly. I would recommend that you check the drive with some diagnostic tool (usually manufacturer provides tools of this sort on their web-sites).

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.