Windows Service Pack2

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by vickie, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vickie

vickie Registered Member

:rolleyes: I don't know if this is the correct forum to post this msg in...if not, would appreciate ur directing me to the right one. My OS: WinXP Home. I had to do a complete restore of my system using the Restore CD - as a result it wiped out all the previous Windows Updates since 2002-2005 which I had installed over the years. I keep getting the Windows Update reminder that updates are ready to be d/loaded. After the recent restore of my pc, I did d/load a couple, but then there are so many many others which I haven't done. Rather than d/load SP2 online, I ordered the CD and just got it in the mail. I haven't installed it yet bcuz I need to know if SP2 contains all the previous updates from 2002 thru 2004/2005?? and if so, then I won't have to d/load and install all the other individual updates? Thanks for advice.
    Can't get through to Microsoft forums to post this message.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Sp2 contains all off the updates in sp1 and all that were listed after sp1 up to the release of the sp2 cd. You will still have to download about thirteen updates or there abouts. I just did the same restore as you and just went through getting the updates back up to date. I hope this helps.

bigc

3. Notok

Notok Registered Member

What I would do is install SP2, then turn automatic updates on full (download & install) just before you go to bed, then just let them all download while you sleep. Then set the install time to some hours later (depending on the speed of your connection).

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have broadband and it only took about three minutes to download the thirteen updates. But if you are on dial up that is another matter. ;)

5. vickie

vickie Registered Member

BigC...Notok...thanks so much for your advice. :-* Wish me lotsa luck!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.