Windows Server 2008 R2 Lockup

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by harpman, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harpman

harpman Registered Member

I'm a ESET Reseller and have experienced this twice now. Both servers are Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit. One with Exchange 2007 (SBS 2008 ) and the other with Exchange 2010. I have followed the exclusion list for Exchange Servers to the T. Lockups can happen immediately or over time. No pattern other than removing ESET 4 latest build fixes the lockup issue. ESET support had me install 4.2 Beta, but still the lockup. :thumbd:

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Since the server is running Exchange, did you install ESET Mail Security for MS Exchange which can automatically retrieve a list of folders that need to be excluded from scanning from the server?

3. timid

timid Registered Member

exchange 2010 will be supported in the Mail security for exchange 4 - that is still in beta so that may be the reason.

About the exchange 2007, in what role is the server? Have you tried to do a full memory dump and send it to support so they may find out in what thread the cpu hangs?

4. gdonlon

gdonlon Registered Member

Just a question, does your 2008 R2 house hyper-v virtual machines?

I have this on both of my 2008 R2 Hyper-V servers and both of them are locked up dead to the point of where the only thing I can do is hard reset them.

They both worked perfectly fine before NOD32 and they both work perfectly fine after NOD32.

I had a hardtime trouble shooting the issue on the server as the only way to fix this is to remove Nod32 from them and they run like normal again. Other than that they are locked up to bad to do anything with via console or RDP.

5. Martijn_3ICT

Martijn_3ICT Registered Member

Hi.

I have the same problem at one of our customers. Also running Exchange 2007, but not on Windows Server 2008 R2, but on Windows Server 2008.

The server just freezes on the CTRL-ALT-DEL screen. Nothing works. Only turning it off with the power-button helps to get it up again

After removing ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4, the problem stopped happening.

Think this started somewhere about the time when the switched from v3 to v4. It happened with v4.0.474 and still with v4.2.35.

Excluded all the documented Exchange folders and files in NOD32, but still happening.

Any ideas on this ?

Regards,

Martijn

6. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

We are currently running v3.0.695 on our Windows 2008 x64 Standard servers due to v4.0.x locking up the machines. All servers were brand new clean installs, all exclusions added and all Windows updates. I have not event attempted to try 4.2.x on any servers yet.

7. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

We're the same. V4 works ok (at present!) on some servers, but on several others V4 locks the server. As such, last week we actually removed V4 from them all (even those that seemed to work) and reverted to 3.0.695. Call it a preventative measure...

Jim

8. janchi

janchi Registered Member

So what is the solution? version 3 sound to me as the only proven way how to prevent crashes.

Our clients 2008 and 2008 SBS failing randomly with all recommended exclusions. Client's even tried to add the whole hdd to exclusion and disabled all modules, still didn't helped.

Any ideas? o_O :mad: :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.