Windows Server 2003

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by sabeex, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sabeex

sabeex Registered Member

I have just purchased Disk Director Suite 9. It looks really great, however tehre are a couple of items that I want to know about....

1. I have WinXP Pro installed on my notebook, and I want to be able to install a second copy of WinXP Pro, and also Server 2003. The second copy of XP is because my current installation suffers due to an installation of MS Visual Studio 2005 Beta which did not uninstall properly! The install of Server 2003 is for demo purposes for a web application.

Does this support these installations on the same disk? Will I need three partitions to be able to do this? How would I create these three partitions without losing the current data on my drive (single partition at the moment.)?

2. The Web Application needs to run on Server 2003 which would act as the server. I want to be able to have both Server 2003 and WinXP running, so that I can access the Server from the XP client. Can I do this with your product?

I realise there is a requirement for plenty of memory, but can you boot two OS's at the same time, and access one from the other?

3. I have Acronis True Image Deluxe. Will I be able to make images on CD / DVD of these partitions using this programme?

Many thanks

Alain Jacquet

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sabeex,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Management Software.

Concerning your questions:

1) You can install two (and more) operating systems (i.e. Windows XP) on the same partition. Please read the instructions on how to do this in our users guide: Chapter 8.4 How to install several OS on the same partition. All data will be safe since Acronis OS Selector protects system files and folders of various OS from each other.

2) Please note that OS Selector allows you to boot only one OS at one time.

3) Sure you will be able to make images of the afore mentioned partitions. It is the main purpose of Acronis True Image.

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.