Windows Security Praised

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Thankful, Aug 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

2. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

I think most people agree that this is the case (despite what I occasionally argue.) It's a bit more complicated than "This is more secure than that" but M$ has done a ton for security.

3. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Microsoft will carry the burden of bad reputation for many years to come. Stories about the old buggy and insecure IE for example took so long to propagate from nerds to standards users that it isn't even true anymore.

The fact is Microsoft has been doing many good things lately (win7,kinect,xbox,wp7,hotmail,office&365,etc) but if you want the news of "Microsoft is finally getting better again" to propagate from nerds to standard users you'll be waiting a while. Especially when people are unsure if this new Microsoft is here to stay, or they will just go back to bad products next time a fresh CEO comes in.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  4. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Yes, I hear "IE9 is an insecure POS" quite often haha

Windows 7 has a lot of great reviews though. People seem to like it.

5. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

MS has done a really good job with 7, period. I'm on the fence about 8, but only because of proposed features I don't see as necessary for an OS. I really hope they back off of some of that to be honest, but that's off-topic. Between Bing and Win 7 though, I'm not at all ashamed to be an MS "fanboy". Windows still has a major malware problem, but that's less about Windows being insecure and more about hackers just doing what hackers do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.