Windows Security pop up when I try to install Smart Security

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by JDog, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDog

JDog Registered Member

I cannot download the Smart Security software I purchased. When I click the link provided by ESET to download the software, a pop up window is enabled that says:

Windows Security

The server download.eset.com at ESET Smart Security requires a username and password.

Warning: This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection).

I have Windows 7 64-bit installed on my computer. I also get this same message trying to install on my daughter's laptop with Windows 7 installed.

It appears that Windows is not letting me get to the ESET server to enter my user name and password to complete the download.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

check your email for user name and password sent by Eset

3. JDog

JDog Registered Member

I received the email with my user name and password. I have already entered these in the Windows Security pop up window. The window pop up seems to be a Windows 7 security window that is not letting me get to the ESET site to enter my user name and password.

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

what is the link sent, could you post it? What browser are you using?

how about this link for download

http://www.eset.com/download

Just click OK on the box, it is fine on this occasion

5. JDog

JDog Registered Member

It does not work. If I hit ok the screen pops back up. After three times the following message:

Authorization Required
    This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.
    work.

Can I send you a screenshot of the error to your email address since I am not able to embed in this message?

6. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

How are you entering the user name and password? If you are copying and pasting from email can you type it instead. If typing it then try copy and paste

7. JDog

JDog Registered Member

It worked! I had been copying and pasting the user name and password from the email and I typed it instead.

Thank you for your time and patience!

8. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

You are welcome. Sometime copy and pasting might add an extra space at the end. Enjoy your purchase

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.