Windows Resources

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Chiana, Jul 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chiana

Chiana Registered Member

Hi,

Apologies if this question has been asked before...one of our clients has been told by another pc technician that Spyware Guard and Spyware Blaster are eating up windows resources in Windows ME. :rolleyes:

Personally I think this is a load of croc...can someone please confirm.

Thanks in advance

Chiana

2. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

I recall having seen this asked before, and the general consensus among SB and SG users was that it was hogwash. SB uses ZERO resources and, on my 98SE machine, SG's 'hit' is negligible.

3. oonocando

oonocando Registered Member

SpywareBlaster doesnt use any resorses here and the statement

4. Chiana

Chiana Registered Member

Thanks for replying and confirming what I thought all along. I will pass this info to our client.

Obviously this other 'technician' doesn't know what he is talking about and is blaming Spyware Guard and Blaster to cover his own lack of technical knowledge in the area of pc security and spyware.

Chiana

5. dangitall

Could also be that your co-worker is simply confusing these two programs with something else; it wouldn't be the first time that's happened. (Of course, he could simply be a buffoon, but ...!)

6. Chiana

Chiana Registered Member

I would go with the buffoon theory...here's why...

Our client bought a 2nd hand pc from this pc technician and after he took it home the pc was very slow and was displaying multiple error messages on startup. He tried to take the pc back to get this guy to check it out, but was basically told to shove off and as such ended up on our doorstep.

The offending pc was infected with spyware, a homepage hijacker, trojans and viruses. With the help of TDS, Spybot S&D, Spysweeper, Spyware Guard, Spyware Blaster and NOD32 the spyware/trojans/viruses were sent packing. He used the pc for a few days problem free...until problems with sound emerged.

Our client then had to take the pc back to the first technician who then told him that Spyware Guard and Blaster were using up windows resources and that this was causing the sound problem. He also said that the NOD32 splash screen was also causing the pc to slow down and stated that he had never heard of NOD32 and it had only been in Australia for 1 month. :rolleyes: I know that to be absolute rot as we have been reselling NOD32 since April 2001!

There's the story as it stands...is this techo a buffoon...I leave you to judge on the evidence above. :)

Chiana

7. dangitall

BUFFOON! Should probably lose his job, as well!

8. Chiana

Chiana Registered Member

There's a glitch there too...unfortunately the 'buffoon' is self employed. Maybe he should fire himself! :D

Appreciate your help, thanks.

Chiana

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.