Windows Program on Mac Partition

Discussion in 'HFS for Windows' started by cxb456, Nov 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cxb456

cxb456 Registered Member

Greetings,

I'm using a Bootcamp setup where I've installed a number of programs to my HFS+ partition (in order to let Time Machine back them up when running OSx, and minimize the size of my Windows partition). Anyhoo, it's been working quite well for several months, however I recently encountered a problem where a program I run (a game) is designed to ask for admin privileges via UAC. The problem is that when I run this program from the HFS partition no UAC prompt appears, basically the process starts and quits immediately. I know that the HFS+ driver does not enforce permissions, and indeed, I've installed this program to the /users/shared portion of the OS X file system. There's no need for the program to worry about access restrictions, however I think it has been designed to always trigger a UAC prompt, as it does this on my Win 7 desktop when installed to a folder where I've added a permissions granting full access to all users.

Is there a way to either prevent a program on the HFS partition from triggering UAC, or allow the UAC prompt to run successfully?

Thank you,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.