Windows notification alert

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by nwportlandcolin, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nwportlandcolin

nwportlandcolin Registered Member

When my desktop (Windows XP, service pack 3) is loading, for a split second, I get a Windows alert 'pop-up bubble' stating that "ESET NOD32 Antivirus 3.0 is turned off. Click here to ..." This is after ESET has loaded successfully. The message immediately goes away. I can turn off the alert in the Control Panel -> Security Center, but I would rather not do so.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

I see that you are not using a current version 4.x build. May be downloaded here.
    You may export your current settings and reimport them here.
    You should not disable Security Center notifications as they are meant to notify you if your security software are not working correctly.

You may update or reboot your PC and advise us if the issue is constent or a one-off occurence.

3. nwportlandcolin

I just updated to 4 and now it would appear that the Windows alert pops up before the ESET icon appears in the tray. Could I somehow tell Windows to wait until all of my programs are loaded? Or else tell ESET to load first, before the other programs? (thanks)

4. siljaline

Is the Security Center still advising you when your computer is booting or just booted that your anti-virus is off ?

Please advise.

5. nwportlandcolin

Security Center is alerting me while Windows is apparently still in the process of loading.

6. siljaline

This is not normal, please call Microsoft PC Safety 1-866-727-2338, this service is provided free by Microsoft as your issue appears to be security related to your Operating System.

7. nwportlandcolin

I don't think I did a very good job of describing the issue, but at any rate, after some tromping around the Services control panel, it seems to have gone away. Thank you for your assistance.

8. siljaline

I'm quite sure you did you best based on what you saw as it happened.

Post back to this thread should you require further assistance.

The Security Settings should appear like the screeshot as shown, less the Automatic Update Settings.

Attached Files:

9. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

10. siljaline

That's an odd one, Marcos, my WMI Service is Started > Automatic, same OS as the OP.

Attached Files:

11. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

And? I'm not getting your reply :)

12. siljaline

The ESET KB that you cited states and I quote:
    This ostensibly means that the the Repository is not corrupted. :) Not necessarily the Service requiring to be stopped. Or, am I way off base ?

13. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

I see this all the time on various PCs with various AVs. Does it really mean there is a problem? I've always assumed if the error goes away once the AV loads then all is OK. I put it down to the Windows Security Centre loading before the AV does and being a bit quick to report...

14. siljaline

It is difficult to say at this juncture, I would not want my Security Center flagging every time my machine booted, as I indicated, this is not normal.
    Regardless if it is ESET related or not. The onus would be on the OP to call MS at the number I provided for Microsoft related issues.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.