Windows Media Player Crash/Errors

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Mman79, Jan 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

I've played every file I own and WMP doesn't make a peep until I go into that single folder and try the files within it. Whatever it hates is in that folder. MPC and VLC just shrug and do their job.

2. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Beats me... I 've downloaded Exploit Shield but never installed it, so i 've no idea of how it even looks, let alone how it works. But when someone digs deep into Windows to install its drivers (and security applications have the habbit), everything is possible...

The important is that you found it. The why this happens, is secondary. These crashes are nerveracking... You know when my explorer.exe was crashing? When i was viewing folders with mkv files and preview thumbnails enabled. If the folder didn't have files set to show thumbnails or if it wasn't mkv, it wasn't crashing. Go figure... I went insane before i figured out it was the codecs' pack fault.

3. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

I'll just play those certain files in a secondary player. no biggie. I just wanted to know my actual system was okay. I still don't know what's causing it, but I'll assume it's just some small issue that will annoy more than hurt. Thanks both of you for helping me along, I appreciate it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.