windows me problem cant boot into normal mode.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by lodore, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hi

I have a old pc with windows me on it. I uninstalled kaspersky beta and when it restarted it came up with a windows dll error message. then it booted normaly.

but i clicked on control panel but the control panel icons didnt show and the screen was empty. then i clicked on c drive and same thing. unless i clicked on the folders button then i could acess folder by folder. but control panel still couldnt access. so i thought ill use system restore but the box came up just white and nothing there. so i booted in to safe mode. I can acess control panel there ok. but system restore still comes up white in safe mode. so atm i can only boot in to safe mode. I have a windows me cd. can i use the system file checker in safe mode in windows me and should this solve it? also what are the run commands? any other ideas?

thanks in advance
    lodore

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

sorry to bump my own thread but i want my windows me system to boot in to normal mode. is there an option to do a repair install?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.