windows mail

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by scaa, Jun 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scaa

scaa Registered Member

I am using the windows mail program in vista basic.
    In POP3 settings tags are enabled but mails in my inbox do not contain any message.
    Is WINDOWS MAIL compatible with ESS ?

2. IcePanther

IcePanther Registered Member

Hi,

well basically if the mails are POP3 scanned the message should appear independently of the mail client, since it's added before the mail actually reaches it. I guess you've checked the POP3 tag setting, that the port used for your POP3 mail server was set in ESS, that you indeed use POP3 and not, say, POP3S (like with gmail server).

So, my wild guess would be the following : Are they HTML mails ? If so, it often happens (and did happen with Nod32, too) that either the mails are specially crafted without the appropriate tags (like body and /body) and ESS/NOD doesn't know where to place the tag, or it places it at the end of the html file and therefore it's hidden somewhere in it's source.

Also double-check your server protocol/port configuration in both the client and ESS and check if they match...

Hope this will help,

3. sjgore

sjgore Registered Member

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.