Windows Live OneCare

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by agustan, May 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agustan

agustan Registered Member

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. drkoopz

drkoopz Registered Member

I liked the program. Syncs well with Defender, and it's simple enough for everyone to use. It's detection rates are solid I heard. The firewall is kind of a joke though. Seems too simplistic, heard it can be easily comprimised, just doesn't give me that warm secure feeling that Kerio or Safety.net gives. Updates are easy because they use Windows Update, and for the most part it's stable.

Out of my personal experience, i'd reccomend it over Norton to casual PC users anyday. Anyone interested in security and configurability will probably find better tools from Kaspersky or Eset to better protect them in the virus field, while depending on Outpost or Look n' Stop for the firewall field.

4. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

People need to be rational here and take a step back to get a good look here at what is actually going on.

Windows OneCare Live has been released by a company responsible for the most security flawed programs in the world - Windows and Internet Explorer!!

Do you really want a company that has had to release hundreds of patches to seal 'holes' in it's OWN OS and browser to be your protector?

Microsoft's track record in PC security speaks for itself. Their programs contain more security holes than any other company in the world and now they are asking for us to give them money to protect their own faulty OSo_O

We should not be paying Microsoft a cent for protecting their own OS which we already have paid through the nose for!! It's unfortunate that people have accepted lower standards like this. If people didn't accept an OS with such flaws then Microsoft would be forced to offer protection for free but even after hundreds of patches over the years they are still able to con the populace into buying software to protect their own OS. Amazing how people can be so easily conned.

So you all agree in paying Microsoft $200-$300 for their Operating System and on top of that another $50 each year to protect it? No wonder Bill Gates is the world's richest man!!

After Vista will come the SUBSCRIPTION BASED OPERATING SYSTEM. Because dummies are supporting these trends we all stand to be hit by an OS which will have a yearly cost to use. Enjoy your independence while it lasts because soon a Microsoft Windows yearly subscription based operating system will be part of everyday life.

Dave

Last edited: May 31, 2006
  5. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

Personally, no. But I imagine that MS will make a big success with this product unless the media consistently beat them up over it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.